Tips & Tricks : How I Deep Clean My Make Up Brushes
Have you seen the movie Despicable Me? All the cinemas for that movie are full today. I’m confined at home, I got nothing to do, and I have a bag of dirty make up brushes on my desk. I have a terrible habit of not cleaning them as much as I should. I got to keep reminding myself that it’s bad because the brushes will accumulate dirt and bacteria that can irritate my skin as I continue to use them. So today I decided to fight procrastination and take you with me as I deep clean my make up brushes :)
1. Gather the materials you need ; water, your make up brushes, a clean towel, and a gentle shampoo. I use Johnson and Johnson’s baby shampoo for my brushes.
2. Take one brush at a time. Tilt the brush down and run under a warm water. This will avoid the water from getting inside the area where your brush is connected to its handle.
3. Place a little amount of shampoo on your palm and gently rub your brush into it in a circular motion.
4. Rinse your brush and gently squeeze excess water from it.
5. Wipe the brush on a clean towel and lay it on top of the towel after. Wait until it dries. It takes approximately two hours for my brushes to dry up but I leave them there over night just to make sure.
I hope you find this useful. If you have a different or better way of cleaning your own make up brushes please let me know. Have a great weekend! :)
pictures by Shayne Naidas